Friday 22 March 2013

How to make a perfect granola?

Just to be clear, I do not answer to this question at the end of the post:) But I'm gonna say that I attempted at making one, and it turned out to be a bit burnt. I left it in the oven at about 176C for 10 minutes first and then for another 25min checking every 5 minutes and stirring it.

Now I know that I'm going to put almonds lastly, maybe even after the oven,  because they taste most burnt, almost like those sunflower seeds with black shells. So that was a bit disappointing.


The ingredients of my first time granola were- oats, almods, honey, mango, cinnamon. You just melt the honey and then mix oats, almonds and honey. Add the fruits at the end, and I would say add the nuts and seeds at the end. And really add a lot of cinnamon if you like it, cause I could barely taste at the end. And also add any spice that you find attracted to even if it's savoury. Like someone suggested here http://www.buzzfeed.com/rachelysanders/how-to-make-the-best-granola-ever, you can add such things as Rosemarie.  Just fill your morning with delightful smells and you will have a great start of the day!


And then I had it with my own-made almond milk, which a friend ordered for me from http://tree-harvest.com/. This is how it all looked at the  end


Pretty isn't it!?

No comments:

Post a Comment