Friday 23 August 2013

My food philosophy or foodosophy:)



Ok, there's no reason to hide- I love food!!!!

Food is super important in my life, and it is so in other people's  lives, even if they don't realise it. It affects so much of how we feel, what we think, what we do, etc... 

What I think  about food and how I eat is how I look at life and how I live. I prefer simple food, few ingredients, ideally seasonal and locally sourced.  But not everyone can have dairy, let's say, and so they end up drinking almond milk, which isn't local at all at least here in UK. If that makes them feel better and healthier- that's brilliant. Health to me is at the very top of all food and cooking. And it's all about finding the right balance between eating healthy, as much local as possible, fresh, and unprocessed food. 

I tried being vegetarian and vegan several times in my life, and have got back to eating meat and fish. I try not to eat meat too often, and I try to eat more fish, cause it feels healthy and if you know how it can be very tasty. 

I'm just finding out how important it is to eat quite a bit in the morning, keep munching until lunch,  have a big meal for  lunch and eat very little in the evening. Never ever underestimate breakfast. Trust me, your body will be thanking you for this. And with the right planning it is not so difficult to achieve. Most importantly listen to your body and how it feels after each meal.



Ok, so here is my breakfast idea. I'm sorry this is not for vegetarians, but it's quite healthy and filling. 



It's quite simple- buckwheat, which I usually buy in Polish shops. It's toasted, that's why it's brown. You can get green buckwheat from big shopping centres here in UK but it takes more time to cook it and in the morning that makes a difference. And then there's prosciutto which is super tasty, is filling, and not that damaging. The combination works very well, is tasty and filling. It might not be for everyone,  but it works for me, and so it might work for you too.


Hope to hear your comments:)

p.s. As I 'finished' this post, I kept on writing it in my mind. There were so many things I still wanted to share. So here are a few more things I believe about food and eating:

  • It's better not to get very hungry before you eat, because it's easier to make a wiser choice of what to eat then.
  • Don't get upset if there is some food that isn't ok to eat. Accept that as part of who you are. Then research a lot  about the food that you can eat and do include as diverse ingredients as you can into your diet. That will help you forget about the food that isn't good for you. 
  • One more thing. Chewing is at least as important as what you put into your mouth. It will feel so much better when you chew everything slowly. 














No comments:

Post a Comment