Saturday 17 September 2011

My first garden

Hi, I reformed our London garden by adding plants and trees and some other nice details. I based my drawing on Cecilia's  post on drawing edible garden. She gives some very simple and very useful ideas about how to draw it.


And here is a photo of it.  I inhabited the garden with the trees and plants that are pleasant to me as well as those that can be eaten. I'm not sure if you can see but there are: cabbages, grapes, cherry tree, beans, thyme, levander, jasminium, japanese maple tree, clover, basil, cranberries.


By the way this is how the garden looks in reality. I know, you will say it's much smaller, and I will agree. I definitely would make some adjustments:)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm not sure I fully understand because I don't know much about gardens but it looks nice!! good luck ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Somebody actually took my advice! Vaida, Im so happy.
    The drawing is just lovely, and easy to understand what all the elements are. Can I borrow it? with credit to you, of course?
    The Japanese have many tricks for making your garden look bigger. For example, use a winding path, some 'hills', so you have a foreground and background, and some 'hidden' areas to explore.
    Looking forward to what you do next xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, of course you can borrow my picture. Thanks for the Japanese tip. I'm planning to do wwoofing in Japan and since you've been there and met people I was wondering maybe you've got anyone nice to recommend who would need wwoofers?

    Vaida

    ReplyDelete